What is Hatha Yoga?
In this online Hatha yoga class, postures are practised to align, strengthen, and promote flexibility in the body. You can expect an emphasis on simplicity, repetition, and ease of movement. Although that may sound easy, HATHA yoga classes require a focus and determination to hold postures longer and develop strength behind the poses so that you don’t just sink into a posture but develop the strength behind the pose.
By developing muscle engagement, while in a Hatha yoga pose, you can learn to safely find deeper options so that you don’t stress joints and lead yourself to potential injury. If you are looking for something a little different, then this style of class is for you.
We are blessed with such a rich history and multitude of yoga asanas, that some of them can be enigmatic or don’t fit into the regular flow of a POWER or VINYASA class. These online hatha yoga classes explore and shed light on these asanas so that they can move from “what the…” to amazing!
Featured Hatha Poses
Downward Facing Dog
Adho Muhka Svanasana
- Energizes the body
- Stretches the shoulders, hamstrings, calves, arches, and hands
- Strengthens the arms and legs
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress
- Strengthens knees, quads, legs, shoulders & arms
- It lengthens groins, hips, hamstrings
- Develops core strength and stability
- Focusing on breath to reduce stress & anxiety
Fire Log Pose
- Stretches the groins, piriformis, hips
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Strengthens legs and calves
- Calms the mind, relieves stress
Featured Hatha Yoga Classes
START YOUR ONLINE
YOGA JOURNEY TODAY
NZD $18/month for unlimited access, cancel anytime.