What is Stretch Yoga?
This class focuses on yoga stretches poses that promote relaxation, restoration and rejuvenation. Restorative yoga poses help relieve the effects of chronic stress, including weakness and fatigue brought on by our daily fast-paced activities.
Instead of being stationary in a posture like in a restorative yoga or yin yoga style of class, in these classes we will add micro-movements in the postures to help free up the body with nice yoga stretches. Never done at a quick pace, these yoga stretches can help free up the body and create space.
Gentle yoga sequences, practised at a slow pace, releases stress and tension from joints and muscles while improving on flexibility and movement. These classes are for those who want to do a online yoga practice that will calm the nervous system and aid in the release of deeply held tensions from the body and mind. This is yoga for men, yoga for beginners and yoga for experts.
Featured Stretch Poses
- Deep hip and groin opener that gets right into the joint
- Stretches the back leg’s, hip flexors and quadriceps
- Many variations to help work deeply into the hip socket
- Can help with sciatica
- Increases flexibility in your hips, back, and legs
- Reduces cartilage and joint breakdown
- Relieves back pressure and tension, especially in the sciatic nerve
- Lengthens your hips, groins, and hamstrings
- Helps restore full range of motion in your hips
- This asana helps improve body posture
- Provides a grounding effect on the body
- centres the body and mind and allows you to focus your breath
- It reduces the problem of flat feet